The challenges of identifying, attracting, recruiting, developing and retaining talent in management and customer-facing roles across the retail and hospitality sectors will be examined at a free two-day summit in Dubai on 25-26 April.
Co-hosted by cut-e, the international assessment specialist, and Dubai Duty Free, one of the world’s leading airport retailers, The Global Retail & Hospitality Talent Summit will feature speakers from multinational organisations including Amaris Hospitality, Burger King, du, Elkjøp, O2/Telefónica and Zalando. Aimed at recruitment, talent and HR professionals worldwide, it will involve keynote presentations, panel discussions, interactive workshops and networking opportunities.
“This event is an opportunity to come and find out how major retail and hospitality firms around the world are addressing specific talent management challenges,” said Achim Preuss, Managing Director of cut-e. “The speakers will offer expert advice, lessons and best practice case examples on issues such as assessment, recruitment, retention, succession planning, career planning and leadership development. We’ll showcase the latest developments in assessment, gamification and analytics and participants will also learn what the future holds for recruitment and talent management in retail and hospitality businesses.”
At the event:
- Rachael Green and Nic Bruwer from Dubai Duty Free will explain how they identify employee potential and manage talent pools and succession planning
- Samantha Shepherd and Jennifer Lee from Amaris Hospitality will highlight how the hotel chain uses a values-based model to develop and retain its global talent
- Lauri Hulsbergen from Burger King will explain how the global fast food restaurant chain manages its leadership development
- Dr Alia Al Serkal from du, the United Arab Emirates telecom operator, will reveal the firm’s talent acquisition and development strategy, including how it manages ‘sales stars’
- Kjersti Arnesdatter Evensen from Elkjøp, the Nordic consumer electronics retailer, will explain how predictive analytics can increase sales and productivity
- Bridget Lea from O2/Telefónica will highlight how employers can make their ‘proposition’ more attractive to potential staff and how to recruit candidates who are better suited to your culture
- Tim Ackermann from Zalando will explain how the online fashion retailer uses gamification to attract and assess its talent
- Bill Boorman from RecruitingDaily.com will offer his predictions for the future of recruitment and talent management in the retail and hospitality sectors
- Andreas Lohff from cut-e will highlight the challenges and benefits of assessing and selecting the right people who’ll feel engaged in frontline roles and who’ll stay with your organisation.
The Global Retail & Hospitality Talent Summit will be held at the Jumeirah Creekside Hotel at Al Garhoud in Dubai on 25-26 April 2016. The event is free to attend. Discounted rates at the hotel are available for participants and a sponsored networking dinner will be held on 25 April.
Register online at www.cut-e.com/retail-hospitality-summit or for further information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Background notes: Founded in 2002, cut-e (pronounced ‘cute’) provides online tests, questionnaires and gamified assessments for attraction, selection, talent management and development. In May 2017, cut-e was acquired by Aon plc (NYSE:AON), a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. cut-e now operates as part of Aon’s global offering in talent solutions, helping clients achieve sustainable growth by driving business performance through people performance. cut-e and Aon undertake 30 million assessments each year in 90 countries and 40 languages.
For further information about cut-e, please call Amanda Dawson (PR contact) on +44(0)20-8953 8863 or e-mail her at email@example.com
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Aon's Assessment Solutions