Designing a Graduate Hiring Process for Global Implementation
As a complex and varied organisation providing public services across the health, transport, justice, immigration, defence and citizens services, Serco strives to attract and employ a diverse range of talent. An important part of its talent strategy was the company’s graduate programme.
Serco decided to not focus solely on specific universities, academic courses or grades achieved. The hiring teams wanted to be open to the broadest talent pool possible. It designed an engaging, candidate-centred and contemporary looking assessment process incorporating leading edge ability and situational judgement tests, video interviewing and assessment centres.
The result is:
- A diverse graduate cohort joining its graduate programme.
- An increase in applicants from BAME (Black, Asian, Ethnic Minority) backgrounds.
- A candidate experience which is convenient, well-defined and innovative and has received very positive feedback.
- A hiring process that enables decisions to be made quickly.
- A standardized and objective process capable of being deployed internationally.
Do you want to learn more about talent assessment? Visit our website.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Aon's Assessment Solutions