Speakers from Aer Lingus, easyJet, Etihad Airways, Ryanair and other aviation specialists will highlight key issues and innovations in talent management, assessment, selection, recruitment and cultural change at a free two-day summit in Abu Dhabi on 24-25 October 2016.
Aimed at recruitment, talent and HR practitioners, the annual Global Aviation Talent Summit has been organised by Aon's Assessment Solutions, the international assessment specialist, and Etihad Airways. It will feature keynote presentations, interactive discussions, technology showcase sessions and informal networking opportunities. Additional case studies will focus on Wizz Air, the Flight Simulation Company and Icelandic Air Traffic Control.
“This event offers an opportunity to find out how major airlines and aviation companies are addressing specific HR and talent management challenges,” said David Barrett, Chief Operating Officer of Aon's Assessment Solutions. “The speakers will offer expert advice, lessons and best practice case examples on issues such as developing a talent strategy, hiring and retaining the right staff, candidate care, initiating cultural change and enhancing the employer brand. We’ll showcase the latest developments in assessment, gamification, analytics and data privacy and participants will also learn what the future holds for recruitment in the aviation industry and how talent data can inform marketing and revenue generation strategies.”
At the event:
- Mona Walid from Etihad Airways will explain how the airline created a new enterprise-wide talent strategy, involving global standards, success factors and psychometrics;
- Katherine Norton of Aer Lingus will explain how an in-depth analysis of their cabin crew, and a new situational judgement tool, are helping the airline to recruit the stars of the future;
- Kirsty Penn of easyJet will explain how the airline uses behavioural fit to select and develop its cabin crew and pilots;
- Darrell Hughes of Ryanair will outline the airline’s ‘Always getting better’ programme, which aims to improve the customer experience, and its implications on leadership, talent and the company culture;
- Andre Heine of Flight Simulation Company (FSC) Training will explain how the flight simulator specialist has worked with Wizz Air to create a new online hiring process for cadets;
- David Barrett of Aon's Assessment Solutions will highlight the current and future trends in assessment and how these benefit organisations and impact on the candidate experience;
- Dr Katharina Lochner of Aon's Assessment Solutions will explain how the company has worked in collaboration with CTC Aviation and multiple airlines to create standardised models and valid psychometric and behavioural interviewing processes for cadets, first officers and command pilots;
- Ruth Spalding of Aon's Assessment Solutions will explain the findings of the European Aviation Safety Agency’s investigation into the psychological assessment of pilots and how to monitor their well-being;
- Robert Newry of psychometric games developer Arctic Shores will highlight the role of game-enabled assessment in talent attraction, selection and development, with a case study on Icelandic Air Traffic Control.
The Global Aviation Talent Summit will be held at the five-star Yas Viceroy Abu Dhabi Hotel on Yas Island in the United Arab Emirates on 24-25 October 2016. The event is free to attend. Discounted rates at the hotel are available for participants and a sponsored networking dinner will be held on 24 October. Delegates can also tour the Etihad Innovation Centre, a centre of excellence and state-of-the-art training environment.
Aon’s Assessment Solutions is part of Aon’s global Human Capital business, helping clients achieve sustainable growth by driving business performance through people performance. Aon’s Assessment Solutions undertakes 30 million assessments each year in 90 countries and 40 languages.
Aon plc (NYSE: AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
About the AuthorFollow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Aon's Assessment Solutions