We know from our daily conversations with clients that the application of Artificial Intelligence (AI) to the work of HR and Recruiters generates both excitement and reservation. And we see both emotions expressed in the questions we are asked during the webinars we host.
To capture and quantify the concerns of, and the potential as seen by, the participants, we asked a number of questions of those joining us on a recent series of webinars we hosted across time zones. 95 joined us on our US webinar and 266 on our European webinar.
We took a straw poll regarding the biggest concerns felt about using AI in hiring.
- Over half of participants on our US webinar reported their biggest concern was the ability of AI to ensure a fair and unbiased process.
- It was also the biggest concern for those joining our European webinar with just over one third flagging this.
- However, those in Europe were more concerned than the US participants about the difficulties of implementing AI tools, resistance in the organisation and of creating a negative candidate experience.
But, whilst there are some very real concerns about the implementation of AI, there are very clear perceived opportunities.
- Over half of the US participants report the greatest potential for using AI in the hiring process is its potential to supply better information for decision making. The European webinar participants also rated this as the biggest area of opportunity.
- A quarter of both the US and European participants reported that for them, the biggest opportunity for AI is the speeding up of the hiring process.
- Nearly one fifth see its objectivity to mitigate human bias as the number one opportunity.
- Cost is seen as the biggest advantage more so in Europe than the US (12% and 5% respectively).
It is clear that there are some opportunities for using AI within hiring but there are also some concerns.
We have been exploring the use of AI to support talent assessment and video interviewing not just to speed up the process but to include additional, robust information to hiring decision making.
Join us at our webinar on June 5th as we’re sharing how to manage the potential pitfalls and how to maximize the benefits of using AI in assessment.
About the AuthorVisit Website More Content by Oke Brandt